IONS-8 in Moscow: Networking in Russia's capital
The 8th European IONS conference is organized by students of Moscow State and Bauman State Technical Universities and will take place from June 21st until June 25th, 2010.
Travel grants are now available! Please email Stanislav Grigas at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form. Applicants should be registered for IONS-8 and should have submitted an abstract for a talk or poster presentation. Completed applications are due May 22nd.
The conference program includes:
- Scientific Session
- International keynote speakers:
- Dr. James C. Wyant, 2010 OSA President, University of Arizona
- Dr. Vladimir Shalaev, Purdue University
- Student technical talks
- Student poster session
- Best talk/poster award
- Professional development program
- “Making the most of your presentation” by Dr. Jean-luc Doumont (Effective Communication in Science, Principae)
- “Manuscript Preparation and Submission” by Dr. Rachel Won (Nature Photonics)
- Lecture on intellectual patenting by Dmitry Y. Rogozhin, Formal Examination Department Director, Eurasian Patent Office, Russia
- Lab tours to Moscow State University and Bauman State Technical University
- Short course on laser beam shaping by Dr.Carlos Lopez-Mariscal
- Student Chapters sessions:
- Plenary talk: “OSA Student Members: The Next Generation of Optics Leaders” by April Zack OSA, Washington DC
- Competition on most creative presentation of student chapter activities
- Student chapter poster session
- Round table: chapter activities discussion
- Career networking event
- “From University to Industry" by Dr. Torben Jacobsen, Ibsen Photonics President
- "Career as journal editor" by Dr. Rachel Won (Nature Photonics)
- "Women in physics: a life choice or a life chance?" by Dr. Irina Sorokina (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Women and Minorities OSA)
- "Fluorescent Nanoscope – experience of transferring science to business" by Dmitry Klimov, Stereonic LLC. President.
- Evening excursions in Moscow
- Exciting social day on June 25th.
More information about speakers, events and program will be posted very soon. Please, check this website for updates or follow us on facebook - “IONS-8 Moscow” group or on twitter -@ionsmoscow.