IONS Germany 2012
is a dual social and educational event aimed at bringing optics and photonics students in Germany together to network and learn. It is taking place in the idyllic city of Karlsruhe from the 16th
until the 18th
of March 2012 and is hosted by Optics Student Karlsruhe (OSKar) the local chapter of the Optical Society (OSA).
Speakers & Tours
- Traveling lecturer and opening BBQ
- Tour of KIT's different laboratories
- Karlsruhe city tour with ZKM visit (ZKM: Center for Art and Media)
- Numerous socializing opportunities, including a pub crawl and a barbeque
- Local lecturer
- Guest Lecturers: Prof. Dr. M. Aspelmeyer (University of Vienna) + Prof. Dr. T. Kippenberg (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne): "An Introduction to Quantum Optomechanics"
- Local lecturer: OSA Divisional Chair Prof. Dr. J. Leuthold: "From Bits to Terabits"
- Lab tours: Institute of Applied Physics (AP), Center for Functional Nanostructures (CFN), Institute for Photonics and Quantum Electronics (IPQ), Light Technology Institute (LTI), Institute of Measurement & Control Technology (MRT)