IONS-6 in Glasgow: Networking for Young Researchers in Optics & Photonics
The Strathclyde Chapter of OSA, SCOSA, is pleased to announce that the 6th bi-annual European IONS meeting will be held at the University of Strathclyde, in Glasgow, from the 9th till the 11th of July, 2009.
Currently the program includes:
- Keynote lecture by Prof. John Girkin (Chair in Biophotonics, University of Durham)
- Keynote lecture by Dr. Johannes Courtial (Royal Society Research Fellow, University of Glasgow)
- An exclusive online interactive video-lecture from KiKi L'Italien (OSA, Washington)
- Lab tours
- Student technical talks
- OSA Student Chapter Poster session
- A traditional Scottish social day!
- and much more!!
- Conference Dinner
In the past IONS events have been free to attend and we have strived to make this possible for IONS-6. The success of the IONS meetings has meant that the conferences have grown in size dramatically over the 2 and a half years that they have been in existence, with the last meeting in Barcelona attracting over 70 delegates!
This success comes with the challenge of funding such a large event from a small student chapter! We are speaking with many companies about sponsorship opportunities, however due to the current economic climate they are tightening their belts.
We are therefore asking you to contribute Ã¢ÂÂ¬30 to pay for the conference dinner on Friday, 10^th July. These funds shall pay for
- Three course traditional Scottish conference dinner plus drink
- Ceilidh with live traditional folk band
- The conference dinner is an opportunity to network with the other IONS delegates and the guest speakers, in an informal setting. And to have fun!!!!
If you would like to decline attending the conference dinner, please let us know.
In order to make it easy to pay the small fee, please use the PayPal button below. If you would rather not use Paypal, please email Sharon Vetter to arrange another method.